Friday, November 28, 2008

the thanksgiving television

I woke up this morning at 7am a bit perturbed to find that my husband was gone. "Where has he gone?" I thought to myself. Oh, I know! He is making me a Thanksgiving breakfast with the delcious pumpkin pancake mix we picked up at the Fresh Market. No, no we have no eggs or milk. Upon being reminded of the fact that we really didn't have any breakfast food in the house I turned over and went back to sleep, feeling confident that Ryan could fend for himself just fine whatever he was doing.


Around 8:30 I was awakened by Ryan, jumping up and down with excitement and begging me to get out of bed and see his new television. The one he had been at Kmart waiting for since 4:30am. I sighed, said I'll see it in a minute and fell back asleep. Thirty minutes later Ryan was back and literally dragged me out of bed because I was missing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. His little Christmas-lover heart simply could not have that. I stumbled into the den in a sleepy stooper to behold our new, gigantic television.




The process of getting the television was fairly amusing. Ryan has been dropping hints for sometime that we really should get a new tv, to which I consistently respond, "Ryan, we have a huge television that works fine." With Black Friday just around the corner, he upped his antics. This culminated with him pulling the "But we would have so much more space if the tv hung on the wall." (Actually not true, the speakers and dvd player and whatever else you need to have a functioning tv still has to sit on a stand under the tv.) So anyways, somewhere in the midst of my not really protesting or objecting, I conceded and off he went to Kmart. (See: This) And then he gloated all morning as we ate potato chips and an apple for breakfast and watched the parade.



As I write, he is watching a James Bond movie smirking and so proud of himself for finding a good deal on his tv. Oh excuse me, our tv, as he likes to point out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Kristin! I figured it out! Now Kristin Lyn is listed on my blog. Yay!

Love You, mwah!