Thursday, October 2, 2008

scent

Walking out of the house this morning was simply glorious. I stepped out and closed the front door behind me, took a deep breath and prepared myself for the day at work. And just as I took that first step I felt the cool, crisp air of Autumn greet me and usher me to my car. The air just feels and smells so clean. I really do love it. Have you noticed it?

Although Fall can't touch Summer on my list of favorite seasons, the scents and tastes of Autumn have a character all their own, a character that I enjoy very much. When we got home from the honeymoon one of the first purchases we made was my favorite seasonal Yankee Candle: Spiced Pumpkin. I think it has been burning ever since.

And perhaps my favorite moment of Fall is purchasing the inaugural Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I have been overindulging this year, I just haven't been able to resist. I moved offices at work and now I sit in a room that has gray walls and gray desks, drab brown carpet and no windows. But somehow sipping a Pumpkin Spice Latte ushers the Fall right into my little corner of our recycled warehouse office space. Thank you, Starbucks.

I discovered another great (and oh so easy to make) Fall treat this year - Kroger brand Pumpkin Quick Bread mix. Throw in some oil, water and an egg and voila! Delicious pumpkin bread.

So even though this weekend I will be begrudgingly packing up my bikinis until next summer, at least there is some comfort in all of the sights and scents and flavors of Fall.

No comments: