Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Nest

I hit the ground running when I got back from Paris. It seems that the wedding is really upon us. We are less than three months out and things are moving. Last week I finally got the bridesmaids dresses ordered. Saturday my mom and I spent the day looking for invitations. That night we had a meeting of the parentals to make sure everyone is on the same page for the big day. We discussed all that needs to be done and then we went to the reception venue and peered in through the deck windows to see what a wedding there really looks like. Sunday I shopped for the bridesmaids gifts and fabrics for table decorations. Monday I met with Jacklyn, our wedding coordinator, who I am so incredibly grateful for.

As I have been immersed in the world of weddings, Ryan has been working away remodeling our soon-to-be home. He has been working so incredibly hard even through the 100 degree temperatures that we have been having.

I am so excited to see how everything comes together. It has been to so fun to look at potterybarn.com and imagine creating this living room:


Although, secretly, my design inspiration has come from a much different place. Here is a hint: It is Audrina approved. We want to paint the living room gray like this -

However the room turns out, I am sure that is will be a wonderful place to be as we transition from theknot.com to thenest.com.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

i currently have "the nest" magazine laying on my bedroom floor. just think, 3.5 months from now and this will be you.

hopefully there will be much less pouting on your couch than audrina and LC's.