Saturday, January 31, 2009

snow day

But where are the snows of yester year?
Francois Billon, Ballade des Dames du Temps Jadis




After a conference finished at work last week, it was time for a snow day. The Weather Channel was actually calling for snow (100% chance), but in true Virginia Beach style the snow never came. The children of the 757 rejoiced anyways since school was cancelled at the chance of snow. Classic.



Ryan and I had already made plans to head out of town to see some real snow. And by real snow I mean man made snow. Nevertheless, it was white and frozen and it did the trick. I can't remember the last time I went skiing. Probably with Club Snow in high school when I had a crush on Ryan. Please take note of our one picture from the mountain, thank you Ryan for closing your eyes.

1 comment:

vintagechica said...

You have NO idea how disappointed my boys were with the un=snow day. Glad you all found some snow somewhere.